It's time to take a break from this huge vat of sorrow I've been wallowing in and do something fun. I'm coming up for air to tell you 50 things I like about myself, as seen at Juggling Life, blog-home to Jenn, one of my favorite bloggers out there.
50 Things I Like About Me
1. I am a nice guy.
2. I am a talented teacher.
3. I like kids.
4. I love to dance.
5. I like to sing.
6. I am becoming a much better pianist.
7. I won "cutest guy" in a vote at work. Of course, there were only four guys to choose from. But I still won.
8. I am a hard worker, and my efforts are paying off.
9. I have positive relationships with my awesome brothers and fantastic sister and their amazing spouses.
10. I have wonderful, supportive, fun friends.
11. Now that I'm a grown-up, I'm comfortable with my own body.
12. I think sex is like, way super fun.
13. I love my home.
14. I have a good relationship with my spouse.
15. I have a good relationship with my ex-spouse.
16. I helped bring amazing Amelia into this world.
17. My dogs love me so much.
18. I am a pretty darn good cook. Most of the time.
19. I like how exhilarated I feel when I go on a long walk.
20. I am happy with the city and state I live in.
21. I can usually solve problems without losing my cool.
22. We adopted Diego, who is so bright and so witty and so cute and sooooo funny.
23. I am a good writer.
24. I love to read.
25. I like my car.
26. I'm pretty funny.
27. I'm a good friend.
28. I have a generous heart.
29. I'm completely content in my own company.
30. I have come to accept myself for who I am; I love the skin I'm in.
31. I'm a granddaddy to the sweetest little guy ever.
32. I've been to 12 countries in Europe, Central, and South America.
33. I am fluent in Spanish.
34. I understand a lot of Italian.
35. I had a very unique childhood.
36. My teeth are (now) straight and white.
37. I'm not too picky of an eater.
38. I love to laugh.
39. Most of my friends are female.
40. I live away from the cold, snow and ice!
41. I have a Master's Degree in Education, Curriculum, and Instruction.
42. I have a minor in music, a minor in Spanish.
43. I'm a G.L.A.D. trainer (work related)
44. I've gained much more confidence with age.
45. I no longer care as much what people think of me.
46. I just love being with Rennen (Amelia's little sister, Claire's youngest daughter.) She and I can go hours at a time speaking to each other in ridiculous English accents, or making each other laugh, or just hanging.
47. I got to finish raising my littlest brother Paul during his last two years of high school, and had a ball with him.
48. My mother would be proud of me if she were still around.
49. Even though I don't see him much, my dad calls me every now and again and tells me he loves me.
50. Through blogging I have discovered a whole new way of making friends and building meaningful relationships with people all over the country (and world) that I would never have gotten a chance to know otherwise!