Will the mouse play?
No, the mouse will work. The one time that I have the chance enjoy the whole house all to myself for a whole week (Giancarlo, Diego, Pietro, and Elsa are in Mazatlan), and I am working, even though it is technically spring vacation.
Here's what I'm doing this week aside from being a co-facilitator in a training each day:
- finish my taxes
- pay bills
- grocery shop
- have a piano lesson
- practice the piano daily
- read The Other Boleyn Girl for my bookclub
- get up each morning
- be taxi dad
True, none of that is all that unpleasant. Most of it I enjoy, actually.
But here's what I'd RATHER be doing with the house all to myself for a week
- listen to music really loud
- walk around in nothing but my boxers all day
- watch season one of The Office that J-Lo lent to me
- finally watch Top Model (I've never watched it, ever, but it is recorded. Will I get to it? Ever? Doubtful.)
- drink wine all day (just once)
- sit and listen to the silence
- lay by the pool
- read The Other Boleyn Girl all day
- read the other books on my shelf that are waiting to be read, even those Dean Koontz ones
- bank up my blog posts ten days in advance
- just surf the net and let it take me where it takes me
- go to the movies all by myself in the middle of the day
- get up in the morning WHEN IT IS LIGHT OUTSIDE
What would you do if you had the whole house to yourself for a whole week?