Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this post and change your answers and post it on your blog! Then tag as many people as you want.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, if I have time. Gift bags if not. My favorite part of the holidays growing up was going into my parents' bedroom with all the gifts and wrapping them on their bed, with the door locked and a whole herd of little brothers pounding on the door. Then I would spend hours arranging and rearranging them under the tree.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial, with pre-strung lights
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first week in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? January 7th, the day after the Epiphany. Usually. Although on December 26th I'm just chompin' at the bit to be done with it all.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really. It seems wrong. When you think about it, you realize it is much like what Rocky Balboa drinks.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My bike, a royal blue one, with a chain guard that read, "Blazing Bullet." I put a sticker of Farrah Fawcett right next to the text.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, and in Mexican tradition we hide the baby Jesus until Christmas Eve. Then everyone has to kiss him before we can put him in the manger.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Giancarlo
9. Easiest person to buy for? Diego
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A big pink plastic purse. Or was that the best one?
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I'm terrible at both.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (starring the Heat-Meiser, the Freeze-Meiser, and Mother Nature. Oh, and Santa.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas ? December 24?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yeah.....
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? peppermint ice cream
16. Clear lights or colored on the trees? Clear, clear, clear, three cheers for clear!
17. Favorite Christmas song? You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch. Kidding! The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!!!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, and Blitzen and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I prefer a star, but we have angels.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve, the rest in the morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Putting it all away. But then, when it's done, the biggest relief of the year.
23. What I love most about Christmas? The smell of cinnamon and those few fleeting moments when I feel the Christmas spirit.